The DAAD EPOS Scholarship supports the International Education Management (INEMA) program, a joint venture between the Ludwigsburg University of Education in Germany and Helwan University in Egypt. The program aims to develop managerial and leadership skills for cross-cultural challenges in education management. The scholarship is highly competitive, with only 8 places available for an expected 25 intakes. The application period for the scholarship is from January 2nd to March 15th, 2024. The program is designed for professionals and is offered on a part-time basis over 6 semesters, with a fast-track option of 4 semesters available. The language of instruction is English, and the program is accredited in both Germany and Egypt.
The scholarship provides various benefits, including a monthly rent subsidy and allowance for accompanying members. The EPOS selection by DAAD is expected to be completed by the end of May, with the letters of award sent out by mid-June. Self-funded candidates can apply until May 31st, 2024, if there are still places available. The program’s teaching language is English, and it is designed to be completed alongside professional commitments. The program focuses on education management, adult education, international business administration, and pedagogy. The application process and additional details can be found on the official websites of the participating universities and the DAAD.
If you receive a DAAD EPOS Scholarship for the International Education Management (INEMA) program at Ludwigsburg University of Education and Helwan University, you will benefit from the following:
- Tuition coverage: The scholarship will cover your tuition, enrollment, and administrative fees.
- Monthly rent subsidy: Scholarship holders may receive a monthly rent subsidy to help with living expenses.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members: If you have an accompanying family member, you may also receive a monthly allowance to support them during your studies.
- Opportunity to work: Studying applicants can work alongside their studies, allowing them to gain practical experience in their field.
- Networking opportunities: The program aims to develop managerial and leadership skills for cross-cultural challenges in education management, providing opportunities to connect with professionals in the field.
- Accredited degree: The program is accredited in both Germany and Egypt, ensuring that your degree is recognized in both countries.
- Language skills: The program is taught in English, allowing you to improve your language skills and prepare for international professional opportunities.
- Flexible study schedule: The program is designed to be completed alongside professional commitments, offering flexibility for working professionals.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
To register for the DAAD EPOS Scholarship for the International Education Management (INEMA) program at Ludwigsburg University of Education and Helwan University, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country: Applicants must be citizens of a developing or newly industrialized country, as defined by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree: Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as education, social sciences, or business administration.
- Have relevant work experience: Applicants should have at least 2 years of work experience in the educational sector or in English skills at an advanced level (equivalent to B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- English language proficiency: Good command of the English language is required, as the program is taught in English.
- Commitment to the program: Applicants should be prepared to commit to the program’s requirements, including attending lectures, participating in practical training, and completing the necessary coursework.
The selection criteria for DAAD EPOS Scholarship holders are as follows:
- Formal Criteria: Applicants must submit a complete set of documents, including a completed DAAD application form, a university application form, proof of language skills (English and German, if required), and a letter of motivation.
- Academic Criteria: Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and have completed their degree with above-average grades (upper third).
- Work Experience: Applicants must have at least 2 years of relevant work experience at the time of their application.
- Language Requirements: English proficiency is required, with a minimum requirement of IELTS (band 6) or TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, and 80 internet-based) for English. German proficiency is also required for courses taught in German, with a DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 certificate necessary for matriculation.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for the scholarship, but the latest academic degree should not be older than 6 years.
The selection process for the DAAD EPOS Scholarship for the International Education Management (INEMA) program involves the following steps:
- Initial Application: Applicants send their complete application directly to the universities offering the program.
- University Selection Committee: A selection committee at the universities proposes potential candidates for the DAAD EPOS scholarship.
- DAAD Portal: Suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their full application to the DAAD portal. The link to the DAAD portal will be provided by DAAD via email.
- Finalization and Notification: The selection process will be finalized, and recommended candidates will be notified accordingly. The EPOS selection by DAAD is expected to be completed by the end of May, with the letters of award sent out by mid-June.
Applicants from eligible countries may apply for a full EPOS scholarship to be awarded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The number of EPOS scholarships is limited to 8 places only, making the selection process highly competitive. The application deadline for the scholarship is March 15th, 2024.
No age requirement
No GPA requirement
Must provide one of the tests below:
• IELTS (6)
• TOEFL iBT (80)
OTHER LANGUAGE TEST
• Recommendation Letter – Professional
• Application Form
• Curriculum Vitae
• Recommendation Letters
• DAAD Application Form
• Academic Transcript
• Work Experience Letters
Max. 6 years after graduated