MaGIC-X fellowhip for Posdoctoral
Media and Games Innovation Centre of Excellence (MaGIC-X) is a new center of excellence at the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia to promote and to support the development of creative industries based animation and gaming in Malaysia. Founded in 2013, this center of excellence has a vision and mission as a main player for research, development and commercialization of multimedia technology. To support this vision and mission, we need to invite experts who are creative, hardworking, able to work in a team, work under pressure and energetic, to join with us through Postdoctoral Fellowship.
This fellowship programme is financed by the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) to strengthen and improve both quantity and quality of research works in a particular research area and also to maintain Research University (RU) status. MaGIC-X will assess the applicants based on the following criteria:
- Academic record and academic performance to date (mobility, determination, breadth of research activities, academic productivity)
- Quality of key publications specified in the application (originality, degree of innovation, applicant’s contribution in cases of multiple authorship)
- Quality of research plan (originality, choice of methods, focus, feasibility at host institute, potential to broaden the applicant’s academic qualifications, prospects of success to complete the project within the sponsorship period) as well as relevance for the further development of the country of origin
- The applicant’s future potential (academic potential, further academic development, career prospects).
The fellowship is worth RM 5,000-RM 7,000 per month based on the candidate’s proven skills and experiences. Travel expenses will be covered by UTM (economy class return only).
- A Postdoctoral applicant must hold a doctoral degree (PhD, Dr.Eng, or equivalent)
- Academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- A good research project proposal together with the planning for commercialization to the results of the project.
- Recommendations from the supervisors and two other academics qualified to give well- founded comments on the applicant’s qualification, preferably including reviewers not working at the applicant’s own institute.
- The candidates need to prove their proficiency in English through TOEFL (minimum score 600) or IELTS (minimum score 6.5).
Application and selection procedure
Applications can be submitted at any time from 01/12/2013 to the following address:
UTM-IRDA Digital Media Centre
MaGIC-X (Media and Games Innovation Centre of Excellence)
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
MaGIC-X will confirm receipt of the application by email. It is the applicants’ responsibility to ensure that they have submitted all the necessary documents. Applications not submitted as a single entity will take longer to process. Largely incomplete applications will be returned to applicants unprocessed.