Dr. Zoran Constantinescu
SCOPUS ID : 25640633100
Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics Department, Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiesti Bd, Romania
He got PhD in Computer Science in 2008, at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim (NTNU), Department of Computer and Information Sciences, Division of Intelligent Systems. His topic of research was using distributed computing for large scale scientific visualization. He joined in several scientific community as a member : ACM, IEEE, Computer Society, PMI and NGS
- parallel and distributed programming, clustering, Internet technologies
- autonomic computing systems, real time and embedded systems
- large scale scientific visualization
- human behaviour understanding, system dynamics analysis
- Gipix – GPS/GSM vehicle tracking device and integrated monitoring system
- Cooking – some of the cooking i’ve done.
- unde.ro – geographical search engine for Romania (“unde”=”where”)
- NecLIB2 – integrated software for library management and digital library for audio recordings
- Pictures – from places I’ve been traveling to in the past (not updated for a very long time)
These are projects I worked sometime ago, either at the University as a student, at work at companies or other small hacking projects. Most of them I don’t anymore support.
- QADPZ – open source software for distributed computing, (see the project on Sourceforge)
- Tourneo – online reservation system for hotels in Romania and Bucharest
- Cabinet veterinar Ploiesti – Sanovet – web site for our pets’ veterinary clinic
- Bulletin of PG University, MIF Series – managing editor for the scientific journal
- ClustIS – built and currently maintaining our department’s Beowulf cluster of 40 nodes
- Levels of detail in engineering visualization
- Simplification of FEM meshes
- CSE project: NS images, Hydro images, Hydro2 images, Vis-album
- MySQL support in htdig – An extension to htdig-3.1.x to use an SQL database for storage
- SIDER – An Internet search engine for all romanian web sites. It is mainly a research project I initiated last year to create a distributed scalable coutry-level search system.
- NecLib, CjiLib – It is a web-enabled library browser … The full version library.
- ViaSat – A vehicle real-time security system …
- World Travel & Tourist – A reservation system …
- UnixVision – An Object Oriented User Interface for Unix …
- JScm – A Scheme compiler, generating Java byte-code …
- Ada2C – A small translator from Ada to the C language …
- Maestro – An accounting software …